Saturday, April 28, 2007

Another day down.

Today I will be featuring two indie artists that I have been playing a lot lately. Walker Kong and Laura Veirs. If you have heard of either of them (Besides my friends who read this) then congrats. From what I can tell these artists are still pretty unknown to a lot of music snobs. Maybe I am wrong, it doesn't really matter. Both of these artists have put out recent albums. Laura Veirs Saltbreakers and Walker Kong's Deliver Us From People.

Pink Light by Laura Veirs is a pretty catchy simple guitar tune. The lyrics are really what make this song standout:
" Sorry I was cruel, I was protecting myself
Drifting along with my swords out flying
Tattering my own cells and I tattered yours, too
Took you and rocked you around me like a spell"

Also, since I'm a drummer the clapping polyrythms are pretty hip. It may not mean much to anyone else, but it's nice to hear something like that in an already cool song.

Andy Warhol And The Honey Bees by Walker Kong is the next song. The intro drums hearken back to the intro from I Feel Free by Cream. I'm sure you all know you it.... Anyway, the rest of the song builds off this beat with some lilting guitars and the lead singer bringing the song home perfectly. I would like to give props to the Glorious Hum for turning me onto this song. That is all for now, it's dinner time.

Laura Veirs - Pink Light
Walker Kong - Andy Warhol And The Honey Bees

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dude stop talking about music..i wanna hear about your emo life encounters