Saturday, July 7, 2007

Animal Collective and Some Pics from the 4th in San Fran


New Animal Collective?! Yes. As of July 4th, all of the animal collective songs had been leaked onto the internet. I have heard a few of them so far and am impressed. I am partiularly taken with Fireworks so far. Also, Strawberry Jam is the 8th full length album from Animal Collective....8!! Does that seem like a lot to anyone. I could have sworn Here Comes The Indian came out last year....or 4. Anyway, this is sure to be an excellent album.

Animal Collective - Fireworks

So, I check my e-mail this morning for all the latest forwards from my dad and come across this. I have been to San Francisco a few times and have witnessed some of the events that make it so unique, but I really missed out on the 4th. Some of the irony is pretty funny and hey, where else can you find a picture of a statue of Bush with a rocket for a penis which happens to be being struck by lightning that seems to come from Jesus in the sky. I know, I know, if you've seen one Bush/Penis/Jesus/Lightning poster, you've seen them all, but this one is worth it. Check out the whole article too.

No comments: