Friday, July 13, 2007

JT Vs Justice, Menomena, The Mugs


So, the "hot new remix" of this week/next month is shaping up to be the Justice remix of Justin Timberlakes Love Stoned. Being the music snob that I am, I have not actually heard the original of the song, but I don't really care, because I'm sure Justice made the song 100 times better. Today's next two bands are both of the indie rock persuasion. The first is not the conventional band in the sense that the lead singer plays saxophone and organ peddles for the bass. But hey, it works and they have some pretty cool songs. My friend Ross turned me onto Menomena and now I am passing them on to you. The other band is out of nyc and are about to put out their second album. The Mugs do not have any cool gimmicks like Menomena, but that is not bad. They write solid rock songs and from what I have read, put on pretty sweet live shows.

It is friday and I am ready to enjoy the weekend, a long week of two jobs is no fun no matter how easy they are.

Justin Timberlake - Love Stoned (Justice Remix)

Menomena - Weird

Menomena - Boyskout'n

The Mugs - Frank

The Mugs - Broken Signals

1 comment:

Kate said...

be glad you missed the period of 3 weeks when every single mp3 blogger basically posted something like this:
"Menomena!
yeah, them...
so cool!
Menomena!"
and a small part of me died inside (at least they weren't Justice).