Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Pappas got a brand new key


After yesterdays discovery that the Stars album In Our Bedroom After The War was on iTunes I have since listened to it about 5 times. Very solid effort with a sound that I can only think of as Camera Obscura-ish, which I love. Two songs; Take Me To The Riot and Midnight Coward are favorites of mine right now. Another song that some random reader sent to me is from that hilarious/sadly depressing movie Boogie Nights. Remember the first time "Dirk" gets it on with Roller girl? Of course you do. What about that really random song that is playing in the background? Ah yes, the infamous Brand New Key by Melanie. Dig.

Stars - Take Me To The Riot

Stars - Midnight Coward

Melanie - Brand New Key

1 comment:

Kate said...

Where did you get two new songs in mp3 format? The only seller that seems to have it right now as far as I can tell is iTunes.