Monday, July 9, 2007

Justice, Spoon, Interpol.


Tomorrow is kind of a big deal to some music fans. Three big albums are dropping in the morn (no, I do not mean the lost tracks of Danzig or the Hairspray soundtrack). I am of course talking of by Justice, Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga by Spoon and Our Love To Admire by Interpol. Now, the Justice album has been out in Europe since June 11th (Yay America!) and it is just finally crossing the Atlantic. I'm sure it won't be as big as Kelly Clarksons new album (no idea why) but hopefully, some savvy music consumers will stumble upon this masterpiece of an album. Spoon is a band that seems to get better with each listen. Ga x5 is full of great indie-rock songs from spoon. The Underdog is a standout track and already has itself a music video (Unfortunately it's on myspace). The last of the three greats to come out tomorrow is Interpol's long awaited third release. I have heard about half the songs on the album so far and am convinced that it is better than Antics. Not sure about Turn On The Bright Lights though. All I'm saying is that I am looking forward to this release. For now I will post the first track Pioneer To The Falls. So, go forth and be thankful that the summer has produced something more worthwhile than a bad sunburn and 40 hour workweeks.

Spoon - The Underdog

Interpol - Pioneer To The Falls

No comments: